#EatWellLiveWell: Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Chili
Are you looking for a quick and easy meal to warm you up at the end of a cold winter's day? Try this Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Chili tonight! This is a light, tangy and filling chili recipe perfect for winter weather. While you are outside enjoying the snow, dinner will be cooking away in the crockpot! The secret to this recipe is the limes. Choose limes that have a deep green, shiny skin, and are heavy for their size. They not only have antioxidant and anti-cancer properties, but studies have shown limes also have bacteria-fighting abilities.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Chili
- In a large skillet, cook onions and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp/tender. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until the chicken is cooked fully through.
- Transfer mixture to 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, lime juice, flour, cocoa, cumin, chili powder, coriander, lime peel, salt, garlic pepper, and pepper into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through
- Place tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips and enjoy!
356 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein
Find more great recipes to make this summer with LiveWell with UnityPoint Health email updates! Sign up for free today!
Sign-Up for LiveWell with UnityPoint Health Email Updates