The When, Why and How of Home Care Services
We can probably all agree that there’s no place quite like home, which is why UnityPoint at Home offers a broad range of short- and long-term home care services to help regain strength, mobility and independence. From physical therapy to chronic disease management, our at-home services provide the professional, specialized care that is sometimes needed, all from the comfort of your house.
When to Seek Home Care Services
At-home services are tailored to the unique needs of each patient depending on their health challenges and overall goals. We offer comprehensive long- and short-term care for:
- Patients of all ages transitioning home after a hospital stay
- Post-surgical patients in need of medication management and/or wound care
- Individuals who require physical therapy following an injury, surgery or joint replacement
- Patients with physical or cognitive disabilities
- Patients with serious illnesses or life-limiting conditions
- Children or infants with complex care needs
- Patients managing chronic illnesses such as heart disease, lung disease or diabetes
Why to Seek Home Care Services
UnityPoint at Home understands that after a hospitalization, surgery or injury, the path to recovery is not always easy or simple. At-home services give patients the professional care they need without the stress or cost of a lengthy hospital stay or frequent office visits. Additionally, home care services are great for patients who want to develop and strengthen skills and mobility needed to live at home independently.
UnityPoint at Home offers these in-home services to help patients restore optimal levels of function, mobility and independence. Patients can receive a variety of services from their home including:
- Occupational or physical therapy to regain mobility and independence
- Speech therapy to strengthen and improve speech
- Drug monitoring and consultations to ensure patients understand prescriptions, dosage and schedules
- Chronic care management that provides education, mentoring and coaching to better understand the disease and symptom control
- Wound care to help with healing and prevent future issues
- Home infusion therapy for IV medications including antibiotics, pain management, chemotherapy, nutritional supplements, hydration and other specialized therapies
- Equipment delivery, setup and training
- On-site nurses to provide care according to the child or patient’s individual needs
How to Seek Home Care Services
After a diagnosis or injury, the last thing you want to worry about is how you will afford care. Home Care is covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. The specialists at UnityPoint at Home will work with your insurance provider to verify your coverage before providing services. Other coverage options include:
Home Care Service Offering from UnityPoint at Home
Whether you or a loved one needs continued care or simply an extra set of hands to help with recovery, the UnityPoint at Home team of dedicated professionals will work with you to achieve health and happiness by putting your needs first. Our team will work with your doctors to provide coordinated, personalized and quality care.
Learn more about the different services UnityPoint at Home offers.