Eat Well LiveWell: Grilled Rosemary Chicken
Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein. Why do we want lean protein? Because protein is an essential part of a healthy diet, but protein-rich foods often come with higher quantities of less healthy fats. For example, beef contains high-quality protein, but many cuts also contain a large amount of saturated fat.
This is why choosing skinless, white-meat chicken is a fantastic source of lean protein! Flavoring your poultry with herbs and spices, like garlic and rosemary, also promotes flavor without adding sodium.
Clearly, this grilled chicken is a delicious and nutritious choice. Throw this on the grill with your favorite lightly seasoned vegetables, pair your protein and vegetables with rice or quinoa, and you have yourself a balanced meal.
Grilled Rosemary Chicken
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 50 minute
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk garlic, olive oil, rosemary, mustard, lemon juice, ground black pepper and salt together in a bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. Pour garlic mixture over chicken, reserving 1/8 cup. Seal bag and massage marinade into chicken. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place chicken on preheated grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken, baste with reserved marinade, and continue to grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Cover with foil and let rest for at least 2 minutes before serving.
171 Calories, 13.5g Protein, 12g Fat, 2.25g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 355mg Sodium