Health care volunteers have been a community tradition as long as there have been hospitals in the Quad-Cities. Many of our current volunteers began their service with us even before we became Trinity.
This group is actively involved in supplementing several hospital services provided to patients and community members as well as assisting in the important work of the UnityPoint Health-Trinity staff in providing exceptional health care to our community.
Trinity's Volunteer Services staff works to ensure your time as a volunteer is fulfilling and rewarding by creating a positive work environment along with meaningful assignments, while keeping your busy schedule in mind.
Start the process of becoming a volunteer (please note: this does not guarantee placement).
UnityPoint Health-Trinity volunteers are individuals who desire to help others through their gifts of time and talent. Our volunteers range from college and high school students to adults of all ages.
Volunteer openings are determined by the requests of hospital department managers and by the availability of our existing volunteers. Opportunities exist during all times and at all of our locations, but the majority of positions occur during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Benefits of Becoming a Trinity Volunteer
- Interaction with staff, patients, visitors and other volunteers-an excellent way to make new friends and truly touch the lives of others
- Learning new skills
- VIP Newsletter
- Volunteer Jacket
- Invitation to the Volunteer Recognition Event (volunteer 50 hours a year with an active status)
- Pins recognizing hours volunteered
- Letters of recommendation available to future employers and/or schools
- Discount in our cafeteria on days you volunteer