Are You a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
To be considered as a candidate for surgery, most insurance providers require that certain criteria be met. The following is a list of qualifications which may apply to you:
- BMI greater than 40.
- BMI of 35 to 39.9 with one or more obesity-related diseases or problems, also known as co-morbid conditions.
- Documented efforts at weight-loss through a medically safe, well-balanced diet.
- Absence of other medical conditions that would make surgery unsafe.
- A willingness to lose weight and make changes in your eating habits and physical activity.
- Must be willing to stop frequent eating and drinking of high-calorie foods and beverages.
- You must be evaluated by a psychologist trained in bariatric psychology.
- You must be willing to increase physical activity and exercise as weight loss occurs.
- A commitment to yourself and your surgeon to keep regularly scheduled appointments.
Learn more about Trinity's surgical weight loss solutions by attending one of its monthly seminars. Call (309) 779-4400 to find out when seminars are offered and to register.