Cooking with Heart
Join UnityPoint Health - Trinity's experienced dietitians for a fun, educational and interactive six-part cooking class. In Cooking with Heart, you'll learn easy, doable recipes and cooking skills to improve your overall health. The course is taught inside our state-of-the-art Cardiac Nutrition Center, which includes:
- A full kitchen with a camera and large digital screen to help visualize the food preparation for the audience.
- Classroom style seating.
Classes will focus on evidence based nutritional information, preparing healthy recipes, and tips and tricks that promote a plant-focused, heart-healthy diet. Following your new eating plan can lead to weight loss, lower blood pressure, improved cholesterol levels and prevention of chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.
Cooking with Heart is UnityPoint Health Trinity's Cardiovascular Division's innovative way to inspire living a healthy life through healthy eating. The nutrition education classes are designed to be an entertaining way to engage with your family and friends on the journey to better living. The classes are offered Tuesday evenings from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The six-week course is $150 and is payable online.
Take control of your health and well-being and sign up for Cooking with Heart, today!
Schedule of classes:
- October 15 - Nutrition and Heart Health
- October 22 - Building a Healthy Kitchen
- October 29 - Transitioning to a Plant-Focused Diet
- November 5 - Mindful Eating
- November 12 - Nutrition and Longevity
- November 19 - Hit the Road