Sunny Gill, DO
- Family Medicine
- Community Memorial Hospital
- Gender: Male
- Why did you become a physician/provider? I became a physician because it's a unique field where passion intersects with science. Being a physician is both challenging and rewarding, and this cycle helps keep me motivated to continue to read and learn.
- As a provider, what is your medical philosophy? I believe my patients teach me every day. My medical philosophy entails viewing patients as partners in health and that my job as a provider is to facilitate health in a shared and open process. I like to practice medicine with my patients, not at them.
- Why did you choose your specialty? Family medicine physicians treat any age from babies to geriatrics. I chose it because of the broad scope and relationships that drive the therapeutic alliance.
- Being a healthcare provider, what drives/motivates you each day? I'm motivated by patient narratives. We all come from different walks of life, and many illnesses can be derived from just listening to your fellow human.
- What is the most important thing patients should know about you and your practice? I will meet patients half way! My effort and guidance is only useful if it works for you, because practical approaches are the most sustainable.
- Personal interests: I enjoy gardening, basketball and home improvement projects.
- IUD insertion/removal
- Joint infections
- Skin biopsy
- Suture placement/removal