Promoting Physiologic Birth & Comfort Measures During Childbirth
Purpose & Intended Audience
To enable maternity nurses to apply knowledge of comfort-promotion strategies in the care of a laboring patient.
- Describe the importance of physiologic birth.
- Discuss hormones and their effect of labor.
- Identify factors affecting the laboring woman's perception of pain.
- Describe nursing interventions and position to promote physiologic birth.
- Explain the various comfort-promotion strategies used during labor and birth.
- Demonstrate positions to promote optimal positioning and comfort during birth
- List the advantages and limitations of pharmacologic methods of pain management.
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 3.75 contact hour(s) for full attendance by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines. No partial credit will be awarded.
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified, and your entire registration fee refunded.
No refunds for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
UnityPoint Health - Iowa Methodist Medical Center/Blank Children's Hospita - 1200 Pleasant Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
Education and Research Center (ERC) Classroom #4. Park in the ramp and take the SE Elevators to Level 1.
Please contact Lauren Sullivan, Clinical Education Specialist, Maternity Services at Lauren.Sullivan2@unitypoint.org or by phone 515.241.6885.