UnityPoint Health - John Stoddard Cancer Center - Lymphedema Center
Today's Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- Compression bandaging and/or garments
- Lymphedema exercises
- Meticulous skin and nail care
- Education and prevention for self management
- Consistent reduction of swelling and fibrous tissue
- Prevention of lymph fluid reaccumulation
- Improved movement and function
- Prevention and elimination of infections
- Self-esteem enhancement
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Range of motion and stretching exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Postural training
- Education and risk reduction strategies
A physician's referral is required to be seen at the Lymphedema Center. Registration and insurance authorization for treatment will precede scheduled appointments. For further information, contact the Lymphedema Center at 515-241-6839.
Lymphedema Center Therapists
Our lymphedema treatment program is provided by a physical therapist or an occupational therapist who is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) in Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD)/Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT). In addition, each therapist has earned certification from the Lymphology Association of North America (LANA). Since 2000, the Lymphedema Center has been a member of the National Lymphedema Network (NLN).