Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Hours and Directions
St. Luke's Transitional Care Center (TCC) is a recuperative and supportive place to heal following an injury, surgery or serious illness. TCC is unique to our community and is specially designed to bridge the distance between a hospital setting and your long-term home.
Our professional approach to healing includes daily, individualized therapy sessions to help patients regain the strength, stability and confidence they need to function at their best. A dedicated team of providers, nurses, social workers, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and support staff help patients manage their health, so they can focus on getting better.
In addition to short-stay rehabilitation, TCC offers enhanced care/long-term care options. Enhanced care allows individuals extra time before transitioning home after a skilled stay. In addition, enhanced care offers a range of services and support to meet your short- and long-term personal and health care. Long-term care services are available for residents requiring care and service support when they are not able to return home. Our long-term care programming focuses on health and social wellness.
Our Community Features:
- Experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Medical director works with a team of nurse practitioners with expertise in geriatric post-hospital care and are on-site daily
- Comprehensive caregiver, patient and family education
- Comfortable, private suites with private bathrooms
- Two spacious dining rooms
- Community rooms and an activities center
- Enhanced therapy gym with the latest medical and rehabilitative technology
- Outdoor sitting areas and a walking path
- Robust activity/social events programming
- Transportation – Admission transportation services from Cedar Rapids hospitals to St. Luke’s Transitional Care
- Salon Space – Available for beautician or barber to utilize
Why Choose St. Luke's Transitional Care Center?
We recognize family and friends play an important role in your care and well-being. We encourage family and friends to meet with the UnityPoint Clinic nurse practitioner and nursing staff to stay up-to-date on your care plan, and guests are welcome at any time. The TCC team will help guide you and your family through the many complexities of the healthcare system.
TCC has helped patients successfully transition from hospital to home for generations. Our short-stay recovery and rehabilitation patients recovering from illness or surgery go home faster and are less likely to require rehospitalization. The individualized focus we have on our short-term and rehabilitation patients to create a successful transition is our priority. Our enhanced care/long-term care residents experience this same commitment to high-quality nursing and social supportive care.
You will know what is happening in your day. You and your loved ones will have access to your schedule through a web application (or paper, if you prefer), from wherever you are. This scheduling solution is powered by Skilled Day.
In most instances, we can transport you from the hospital to our facility in our van, free of charge. This warm welcome decreases the stress and anxiety of the transition.
Your team meets at your bedside early in your stay, and every week during your recovery. We discuss how you are doing and identify goals to work on to get you back home. With medical providers onsite five days per week, your team includes – You, Your support person, Nursing, Medical Providers, Social Work, Therapy and Administration. Enhanced care/long-term care residents will also receive regular communication from our care team during their stay.
Both short-term stay patients and long-term care residents will experience an uplifting and encouraging environment. We have large open hallways with several welcoming social areas to mingle and visit with others. We also have several outside sitting areas for those warm sunny days.
Building on our expertise with St. Luke’s Living Centers, our professional approach to healing includes daily, individualized therapy sessions to help patients regain the strength, stability and confidence they need to function at their best.
- Shorter length of stay – average is 14 days
- UnityPoint Clinic nurse practitioners are onsite five days a week
- Low re-hospitalization rates
- Larger, state-of-the-art facility to accommodate a growing need for this level of care
- Enhanced care/long-term care stays with expert nursing care