Allen Hospital Counseling Center and EAP
Today's Hours: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
The Allen Hospital Counseling Center offers community substance abuse evaluations including:
- Court ordered substance abuse evaluations due to legal charges
- Self-referral evaluations to assess recommendations and referrals to substance abuse treatment
- Self-pay only
No one lives a life without problems. When a personal problem disrupts your work or relationships, we encourage you to use the Employee Assistance Program. The Allen Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers CONFIDENTIAL assessment, short-term counseling, and referral if necessary, for employees of client companies and their immediate family members (up to 6 sessions each per
- Alcohol or Drug Abuse
- Anger Management
- Caregiver Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Job Stress
- Marital Conflicts
- Parenting / Step-Parenting Issues
- Separation / Divorce Issues
Make the Connection
Launched in 2011, MakeTheConnection.net connects Veterans, their family members and friends, and other advocates with mental health information, local resources, and Veterans' own inspiring stories of recovery. Visitors can learn about the signs of mental health conditions or substance use problems and find sources of support. The site is free and accessible to everyone.
- Problems with alcohol or drugs: https://maketheconnection.net/symptoms/alcohol-drug-problems
- Suicide: https://maketheconnection.net/conditions/suicide
- Group therapy and peer support: https://maketheconnection.net/stories/715
- Anxiety disorders: https://maketheconnection.net/conditions/anxiety-disorder
EAP services are paid by employers. EAP services cover visits with an EAP counselor for short-term counseling. If you and your counselor decide medical assistance or additional counseling is needed, your counselor will refer you to another agency. If referred, you will be responsible for any cost not covered by insurance.
You can access our services where and when it's convenient for you:
- Call for an Appointment: To schedule a confidential appointment, call us Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Identify yourself as part of your company's Employee Assistance Program. We will schedule an appointment to meet your needs. Evening appointments are available.
- Telehealth (virtual) Counseling Service: Call us to make an appointment to talk to our skilled counselors via tablet, smartphone or computer.
Contacts made by employees and family members to the EAP are treated confidentially in accordance with all state and federal mandates.
If a personal crisis occurs when our office is closed, call 319-235-HELP, or toll-free 1-800-303-9996. An EAP counselor will call you within one hour of your call to help stabilize the situation and will follow up with you to schedule an appointment if you need further support.
If you need immediate medical assistance, the counselor will help refer you to services outside EAP, such as a doctor or an emergency room.
You may also consider the UnityPoint Health – Mental Health Walk-In Clinic. Located at Allen Hospital, the clinic is open 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday – no appointment needed.