Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Convenient Pharmacy ServicesWhen you don't feel well, getting the medication you need quickly and easily makes all the difference. That is why UnityPoint Health has a variety of ways for you to fill your prescriptions. Local, coordinated care between your healthcare provider and pharmacist ensures the best outcome for every patient, every time.
Please refer to your prescription insurance for coverage or contact the pharmacy.
- Medication counseling
- Medication therapy management
- Major prescription plans accepted including United Healthcare, CVS Caremark, Express Scripts, Humana and HealthPartners
- Prescription mail-out and delivery
- Convenient curbside prescription pick-up available
- Medical record synchronization with UnityPoint Clinic
- Prescription refill voicemail available 24/7
- Over-the-counter medications
- Immunization services
Prescription auto refill service is now available. Let us know which of your medications you want to refill and never worry about requesting a refill again.
Sign up today and let us handle refilling your prescriptions. We don't currently have an online sign-up option, it's important that we talk to you when you sign up so we can tailor the service to meet your needs.
Here's how it works:
- Call the pharmacy and let us know which prescription(s) you want us to fill every month or every 3 months.
- We will also need to know your contact information, method of payment, and if you want to pick up your refill or have it mailed to you.
- When it's time to refill your medication, the pharmacy will call you to let you know it has been refilled and is ready to be dispensed.
The MedSafe program aims to reverse these trends by providing the public with a safe, easy way to properly dispose of unwanted and expired medications. The MedSafe receptacle is available at Allen Clinic Pharmacy and Prairie Parkway Pharmacy at any time during business hours to dispose of controlled or non-controlled medications.
A New Approach to Pharmacy
You are what we care about most, and why we offer Medication Management for people with diabetes, COPD, hepatitis C and other chronic conditions. This personalized approach gives you access to a pharmacy specialist who will partner with you, and your care team, to monitor your health and adjust medications as needed to improve your overall health.
What is Medication Management?
A clinical pharmacy specialist partners with your care team to coordinate and effectively manage your medications. This approach is especially beneficial with complex chronic conditions.If your doctor determines you would benefit from medication management, you'll meet with a clinical pharmacy specialist to begin management of your medication therapies.
- Provides personalized medication education
- Closely follows medication effects and adjusts medications and doses, as needed
- Improves quality of care and health
- Checks drug interactions
- Works with insurance companies to minimize cost and hassles
Our Medication Management Locations
Cardiology Medication Management Clinic
419 E. Donald St.
Waterloo, IA 50703
UMP Anticoagulation Clinic
1731 W. Ridgeway Ave, Suite 800
Waterloo, IA 50701
Waterloo Medication Management Clinic
1825 Logan Ave
Waterloo, IA 50703
MyUnityPoint MyChart® allows you to get secure online and app access to your medical information, as well as great tools to conveniently manage your health. Use this to renew your prescriptions! Next time you need a refill, simply open your app or visit the web to make a request.
Visit MyUnityPoint here or find MyChart on the Android and Apple app sites.