Did you know that almost all of the nutrients in fruits and vegetables are preserved during the freezing process? It’s true! This means that choosing frozen is just as smart as choosing fresh, especially when most fruits and vegetables are out of season. Choosing frozen fruit, mainly during the winter months, to make this crumble is a great choice! Fresh OR frozen fruit will offer you fiber, vitamins and minerals to help keep your immune system going strong! Serve with a scoop of frozen yogurt for a healthier dessert alternative.
Mixed Berry Crumble
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 35 minutes
- 4 cups mixed fresh or frozen berries, cleaned and hulled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Berry Mixture: Place frozen or fresh berries in a baking dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and vegetable oil in a small bowl. Mix with fork or fingertips until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the berry mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, at 400 degrees, until topping is light golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbly around the edges.
189 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 30.4 grams of carbs, 2.2 grams of protein, 0 mg of cholesterol, and 5 mg of sodium.
Sign-Up for LiveWell with UnityPoint Health Email Updates
comments powered by