These fresh, zesty tacos will make you feel like you’re on a sandy beach on the coast. Tilapia is a fantastic source of lean protein, with the added benefit of vitamin D and selenium. Whole wheat tortillas and shredded lettuce both provide fiber and a nice taco-base! Sliced avocado offers healthy fats and a creamy texture. Finally, mango or another fresh salsa will add a fresh punch to your tacos, plus vitamins and minerals! Take a bite and imagine the beach.
- Cook time: 18 minutes
- Ready in: 18 minutes
- 4 4-ounce tilapia fillets either fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ? teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Shredded lettuce
- Mango salsa
- Sliced avocado
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning or mixture of fresh herbs
- 8 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use a 13”x9”x2” baking pan, which you can line with aluminum foil (optional).
- Place the tilapia in foil-lined pan.
- Mix the lime juice, seafood season (or fresh herbs), garlic, olive oil and red pepper flakes into a medium bowl and blend. After fully blending, pour over the fish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Serve ½ fillet in each of the tortillas with lettuce, avocado and salsa.
436 Calories, 32g Protein, 64g Carbohydrate, 9g Fiber, 7g Fat, 555mg Sodium, 708mg Potassium
Sign-Up for LiveWell with UnityPoint Health Email Updates
comments powered by