Why is your well-being and the health of your heart important to you? On a scale of 0 to 10 (with 0 being not able to perform and 10 being able to perform very easily and without problem) how well and efficient are you able to perform your daily tasks at work, and at home? How is your current energy level and well-being at work, home and play? How are your relationships with your spouse, children, family, co-workers and friends? This article details “an action step” to help you and your family, or co-workers move one step closer to reaching your answers to the questions above to be the best you that you can be for LIFE!
To support American Heart Month in February, this article will highlight one of the best benefits for your Whole Heart: Functional Circuit Training. Your heart is a muscle so the combination of cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility activities with an always changing intensity allows for a fun, efficient, never boring, challenging, and highly effective method for improving your overall well-being, while reducing your risks for heart disease (heart attack, high blood pressure and cholesterol, and stroke). The great news is that up to 82% of heart disease is preventable by you deciding to take small action steps daily to improve your well-being daily!
Functional Circuit Training combines cardiovascular conditioning (heart and lung endurance), functional strength training, balance activities, and flexibility and stretching exercises in an intense and encouraging atmosphere. This training incorporates a full spectrum for your whole body that is designed to elicit the optimum adaptive response appropriate for the work, activity, or the sport being trained for. Functional circuits use movement patterns that have multiple planes of motion, such as;
- Sagittal plane—front to back movement patterns
- Frontal plane—side to side
- Transverse plane— rotational movement patterns that use multiple joints and simulate whole body functional activities and patterns that we perform daily at work, home and play
All of these movement patterns go through the core which is the crossroads of function for your entire body, including hips, lower back and abdominal muscles. A strong, stable core, with controlled flexibility is essential for a fully functioning core for quality, and injury-free movement. Leaders of these classes are always thinking of training movements and functional movement patterns that we do in our work, home, play, sport, and everyday life with tweakology. By changing intensity, tools and equipment used, varied planes and ranges of motion and time to safe and continually changing your body’s environment to help you reach your well-being goals, prevent heart disease, while staying injury free.
Benefits of Functional Circuit Training for Your Whole Heart are;
- Improve your energy level without the caffeine or added calories.
- Best method to lose weight and maintain weight loss.
- Lose inches of fat at your waist, hips, thighs, chest, arms, face and whole body. The waist is the most important area to lose inches of fat to prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, diabetes, and cancers.
- Improve your Self-Esteem, your daily attitude and your relationships with your family and co-workers.
- Reduce fracture risks as you age and prevent osteoporosis by building stronger bones.
- Reduce MSD injury risks at work, home, or play.
- Improve your quality of sleep. It is important to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day so your muscles can repair and build.
- For every pound of muscle you gain, your body’s internal engine or metabolism increases to burn extra calories per day. Eating a good source of lean protein at breakfast and at each meal is important to help you build muscle, as protein is a building block for your muscles.
- Improve and lower your blood pressure, cholesterol levels (LDL, triglycerides) and raise your HDL good cholesterol. This may help you return to normal levels and thereby reduce your risks of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancers.
- Significantly improve your well-being and vitality to your whole body.
Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life!
comments powered by