Hospice Volunteer Opportunities
Are you looking for a way to make a difference in someone's life? Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that is meaningful? Then becoming a UnityPoint Hospice volunteer may be the right choice for you.
Hospice volunteers provide different types of support, talents and abilities to the patients and families they serve. Some volunteers work directly with patient care, providing much-needed respite breaks to family members, running errands and lending emotional support and companionship. Other hospice volunteers assist with fundraising efforts, special projects and clerical work that supports clinical services and patient care.
We offer volunteer training that provides in-depth education about the end-of-life process, care and comfort measures and the goals of UnityPoint hospice.
Here are examples of the ways you can help make a difference as a UnityPoint Health Hospice Care volunteer:
- A patient and family support volunteer simply spends time with the patient and family and keeps them company.
- A respite care volunteer stays with the patient to allow caregivers or loved ones to take a break and take care of themselves.
- An 11th Hour Companion comforts patients in their last hours by taking shifts around the clock, sitting by their side.
- A bereavement support volunteer makes supportive calls and visits with family members following the death of the hospice patient.
- An administrative support volunteer supports the organization by assisting with clerical tasks and special projects.
- A community awareness volunteer assists with promotions and fundraising.
If you would like to make a difference in someone's life and are interested in any of the volunteer opportunities listed above, then join our hospice volunteer team. You can be a part of something important and rewarding. Contact us today to learn more about this rewarding opportunity to help those in your community.