Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgery
At UnityPoint Health – Grinnell, you have access to the surgical experts you need to diagnose and treat ear, nose and throat (ENT) issues, close to home. Our ENT, or otolaryngology, doctors also treat conditions of the head and neck.
Our team works with the latest equipment to diagnose ear, nose and throat conditions. We equip our hospitals with tools for minimally invasive and robotic surgeries, including the da Vinci® Xi robotic surgical unit.
Choose Grinnell for ENT Surgery
You can feel confident in having your surgery here, where surgeons who are part of our community direct your care. At Grinnell, you'll find:
- Advanced diagnostic equipment: Our doctors have the tools to make diagnosing ear, nose and throat conditions more comfortable. We deliver quick and accurate results.
- Personalized care: Our care team focuses on your needs. You'll find a welcoming environment and individualized care.
- Minimally invasive procedures: We have invested in technology that improves ear, nose and throat surgical procedures. Our doctors use specialized tools and robotic surgical techniques to perform surgeries with less discomfort and faster healing.
- Specialized esophageal surgeries: We provide the latest in esophageal surgery techniques, including Nissen fundoplication. The Nissen procedure helps reduce acid reflux by strengthening the sphincter (valve) in your esophagus.
- Facial plastic surgeon: Our ENT doctor has earned a specialization in facial plastics, an advanced skill. He can work with other specialists to minimize scarring due to cancer and injuries from trauma or surgeries.
Diagnosing Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions
We offer central Iowans a newly remodeled office with the latest technology to provide fast and accurate diagnoses. Our doctors spend time with you, explaining the procedures needed to diagnose ENT problems quickly.
Our equipment includes flexible laryngoscopy, which lets doctors use a thin tube and camera to look at airways and diagnose problems. Doctors use in-office microscopes to examine specimens on the spot. Learn more about ear, nose and throat conditions.
Ear, Nose and Throat Surgical Treatments
We've updated our office and hospital with the latest technology. We offer robotic surgery and minimally invasive surgery for most ear, nose and throat conditions.
You'll have support close by after surgery, too. Our surgeon and care team are part of the community. You can have the comfort of healing at home, with your providers a short drive away. Learn more about our surgical treatments.
Contact Our Ear, Nose and Throat Experts
If you are a current ENT patient or have a referral from your doctor, you can schedule an appointment by calling (641) 236-2585.
Contact your primary care physician or pediatrician if you or your child has ear, nose or throat issues. Your doctor will conduct an exam and help decide if you should schedule a consultation appointment with our ear, nose and throat experts.