Trinity Wound Healing Center
UnityPoint Health's Trinity Wound Healing Center in Fort Dodge offers expert wound care that's tailored to your needs. All of our doctors are trained in wound care in addition to their specialty, such as podiatry or vascular surgery.
We offer leading-edge care, including advanced treatments like hyperbaric oxygen therapy, for all types of nonhealing wounds and open sores. We are the only wound healing center within a 90-mile radius to offer this advanced treatment option.
Get Expert Wound Care, Close to Home
Many factors, such as your age and underlying health conditions, like diabetes, can affect the body's healing process. At Trinity Wound Healing Center, our providers have experience treating many types of wounds and sores that have a hard time healing.
- Wound care specialists: All members of our team, including doctors, nurses and advanced practice providers, are trained to care for wounds using the latest methods. Our doctors also have additional areas of expertise, such as podiatry (foot care), cardiology and vascular surgery. They can identify the reasons a wound resists treatment and find solutions to help you heal.
- Full spectrum of wound care services: Our team successfully cares for a wide range of wound healing problems, including diabetic and pressure ulcers, burns and postsurgical infections. We can treat any burn or wound that hasn't healed within 30 days.
- Successful results: We use novel treatment options and a personalized approach to deliver outstanding results. At Trinity Wound Healing Center, nearly all (97%) of our patients see full healing in less than 14 weeks.
- Advanced treatments: Our wound care specialists use the latest treatments, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, to help heal wounds and open sores. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is an effective, painless way to treat many types of wounds that struggle to heal. Learn more about our hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
- Education and instruction: You play a large role in your body's healing process. A member of our team will sit down with you to explain how you should care for a wound at home. We offer detailed instructions on how to change a dressing. You'll also get tips to help avoid further injuries. As your resource for any questions you have, we'll monitor your progress closely.
Wound Care Treatments
Our center offers the latest wound care treatments available today. Your care team may recommend one or more techniques, including:
- Debridement, removal of dead or damaged tissue to optimize healing
- Dressings and wraps tailored to the type of wound you have
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, where you sit inside an enclosed, pressurized compartment (called a hyperbaric oxygen chamber) breathing concentrated levels of oxygen
- Bioengineered tissue substitutes, using tissues grown in a laboratory to rebuild a damaged area
- Platelet growth technologies, which harness properties in your blood to stimulate healing
Wound Treatment: What to Expect
Usually, your doctor will refer you to our center if they believe wound care treatments could help you. You can also call our center to schedule an appointment directly if you have concerns about how an injury or wound is healing.
You can expect:
- Initial check-in: Before your first appointment, a member of our team will call you to learn more about the type of care you need. We may ask you questions about your wound and overall health.
- At your first appointment: Our team of doctors, nurses and therapists will do an exam and review your health and medical history. We may recommend tests to assess factors such as the level of oxygen in your blood or a possible infection. These details help our team learn more about why a wound isn't healing.
- Personalized treatment plan: To best address your needs, we develop a treatment plan based on your test results and evaluation. Your provider may recommend frequent visits to our center so that we can check your progress and revise your treatment plan, if needed.
- Close coordination with your doctor: We regularly update your referring doctor's office on the details of your treatment, so they can continue your follow-up care when it's safe to do so.
Connect with one of our wound care experts. Find a doctor or call 515-574-6068 to speak with the trusted team at UnityPoint Health Trinity Wound Healing Center.