Creating a Positive Environment
UnityPoint Health - Trinity Regional Medical Center is fortunate to have both an exceptional group of volunteers and an outstanding auxiliary supporting its efforts to improve our community's health.
By assisting staff, our volunteers are actively involved in supplementing hospital services provided to patients, thereby enhancing patient care and creating a friendly environment. Volunteers help patients experience a higher level of warmth and caring.
Trinity's Volunteer Services staff ensures your volunteer time is fulfilling and rewarding by creating a positive climate and providing each volunteer with meaningful and challenging assignments. Currently, volunteers share their unique talents and skills in nearly every area of the hospital.
A volunteer is someone who is willing to work on behalf of others without the expectation of pay or other tangible gain. They are not paid because they are worthless, but because they are PRICELESS!
Our volunteers are:
- High School and College students, age 16 and older
- Adults of all ages and walks of life
- Trinity employees
- Those interested in careers in health care
- Retirees wanting to stay active and share compassion and experience
All prospective volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application. Applications may be downloaded and returned to the hospital or completed using our online form. The Director of Volunteer Services conducts a personal interview with each applicant. Following a successful interview and reference and background check, prospective volunteers attend UnityPoint Health - Trinity employee orientation. Every volunteer position is learned by "shadowing" a trained, experienced volunteer.
Benefits of being a TRMC Volunteer:
- Volunteer vest
- Free meal in the cafeteria (on days you volunteer)
- Free flu shot
- 20% discount in Trinity Gifts, the Auxiliary Gift Shop (on days you volunteer)
- Inclusion in employee appreciation events and programs
- Invitation to the Annual Volunteer Recognition Event
- Pins and certificates recognizing hours volunteered, as well as, documented scheduling and hour reporting
- Opportunity for involvement in medical center events and programs
- Learn new skills
- Interaction with staff, patients, visitors, and other volunteers - an excellent way to make new friends and truly touch the lives of others
- Meet new friends with similar interests to serve and give back