The Pain Management Center at UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital offers hope and a supportive environment for people suffering from debilitating pain.
Because chronic pain is a complex problem, we take a multidisciplinary approach in devising patient treatment plans, which includes medical management of pain, physical and bio-feedback therapies.
How We Can Help
We treat a wide variety of simple and complex pain problems. Common conditions where pain treatment is beneficial include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shingles (post-herpetic neuralgia)
- Sympathetic dystrophy
- Nerve entrapment
- Myofascial syndromes
- Phantom limb pain
Pain Management Resource
American Pain Foundation
201 N. Charles Street, Suite 710
Baltimore, MD 21201-4111
Toll-free: 1-888-615-PAIN (7246)
Pain Clinic Team
The Finley Pain Clinic treatment team works closely with the referring practitioner as well as other practitioners in the tri-state area. Services are provided on Finley Hospital campus by an anesthesiologist, a clinical psychologist and registered nurses. Finley physical health professionals, including pharmacists, social workers, dietitians and therapists work with the core treatment team to provide individualized treatment.
The Finley interdisciplinary treatment team encourages a continuum of care within the patient's home community by making referrals to local practitioners in all specialties.
Our treatment team is highly skilled and specially trained in pain management. We will evaluate your case based on a number of different items, including a complete diagnosis, history and physical assessment, pain questionnaires, nursing assessment, evaluation of musculoskeletal status and development of a treatment plan. Treatment is provided on an outpatient basis whenever possible, and may include a single approach, a team approach, or a combination of treatments.
Before Your Appointment
- Arrive 10 minutes early to register prior to your appointment.
- Expect your appointment to last from one to two hours. Most consultations or procedures require 30 minutes; however, the recovery period will vary for each individual.
- Bring insurance cards to each appointment.
- Bring a list of your medications and dosages.
- Notify the clinic before your appointment if you are on a blood thinner (such as Coumadin or Plavix).
- Continue all routine medications.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Ask your physician to send us the results of any X-rays, tests or procedures related to your pain.
- Call the clinic if you have a cold, fever or other signs of illness before your appointment, or if you have no pain.
- Call the clinic with any questions or concerns since treatment varies with each individual.
- Call us as soon as possible if you must cancel your appointment.
- Bring glasses if you need them to read.