Kehl Diabetes Center - A Certified Recognized Diabetes Program
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital's Kehl Diabetes Center offers a variety of classes, programs and support groups to help you gain control - and stay in control - of diabetes. Pre-diabetes consultations are also offered for those person at risk for developing diabetes.
Why Choose Kehl Diabetes Center?
- Improved diabetes management through education, counseling, blood glucose self-monitoring and insulin training.
- Individually tailored diabetes program, coordinated with your primary physician.
- Learn effective self-management skills to reduce long-term complications.
- Delivering high quality care, using the scientifically based system, Staged Diabetes Management. Staged Diabetes Management is a trademark of the Institute for Research and Education of Health System Minnesota.
Certified Recognized Diabetes Program
The Kehl Diabetes Center program holds many certifications and awards, such as:
- State of Iowa Department of Public Health Certification
- American Diabetes Association Program Recognition
- The Joint Commission Ernest A. Codman Award for Excellence in Using Outcomes to Improve Quality and Safety of Health Care
If you are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, contact the Kehl Diabetes Center to attend our pre-diabetes consultation sessions. This is a two-part individual consultation with a registered dietitian diabetes educator.
You will learn what you can do to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes. The first session will focus on an overview of diabetes and management tips for physical activity and nutrition. The second session will focus on successes and barriers met in the past week, and skills needed for making lifestyle changes for success.
No referral necessary!
Call (563) 589-4899 to schedule your individual sessions today.