Alcohol and Substance Abuse Resources
Powell CDC Bookstore
Powell Bookstore, located on the fourth floor of Iowa Lutheran Hospital, offers books for the recovering family and individuals seeking answers. There are books from healing to remedies to stay clean and sober. There are books analyzing various addictions to explaining rehabilitation. You will find topics from abuse to dependence and neglect of oneself to the feelings of enslavement because of an addiction.
Some of the materials sold in the book store:
Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book
- 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
- Alateen books and meditation books for those teenagers living in a household where there is alcoholism or other drugs.
- Books for those affected by various addictions of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gambling, sex and other compulsions.
- CD's and DVD's on addictions. Dr. Weis' DVD on Addiction is sold here as well.
- Large print big books and 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
- Calling cards with sobriety sayings on them
- Medallions for sobriety anniversaries and leather cases
- Sobriety Greeting Cards
- Al-Anon and Alateen Books, Workbooks, and meditation books for the spouses, significant others and children and friends of those addicted.