Eat Well LiveWell: Game Day Layered Taco Dip
It’s almost time for The Big Game! What are you going to bring to the party this year? Try this Layered Taco Dip. With creamy guacamole, spicy salsa and crunchy veggies, this dip is a perfect blend of flavors and textures. It also happens to be nutritious! You’ll be enjoying protein from the black beans, healthy fat from the avocados and fiber from the tomatoes and lettuce! Want to add an extra punch of flavor? Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top or several dashes of hot pepper sauce!
Game Day Layered Taco Dip
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 (2 ¼ ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/8 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 Roma (plum) tomato, chopped
- Mix together the sour cream, garlic, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, taco seasoning, and ½ of the lemon juice in a bowl until well blended.
- In another bowl, mash the avocado with the remaining lemon juice; set aside.
- Spread the shredded lettuce over a serving platter.
- Layer the black beans evenly on top, followed by the Mexican-style corn.
- Spread the prepared sour cream mixture over the corn.
- Gently spread the avocado mixture on top of the sour cream.
- Pour the salsa evenly over the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle the Mexican cheese blend, olives, green onions, and tomato on top.
63 calories, 2.9 grams of fat, 7.9 grams of carbs, 2.6 grams of protein, 4 mg of cholesterol, and 239 mg of sodium.
Sign-Up for LiveWell with UnityPoint Health Email Updates