#EatWellLiveWell: Zesty Tortilla Soup
This time of year, nothing beats soup! With protein from the chicken, plus vitamins and minerals from the vegetables, this tortilla soup will warm your belly and nourish your body. Top this soup with fresh cilantro for even more flavor. Looking to add some extra heat to your soup? Choose a medium or spicy chunky salsa for extra spice, and enjoy this comforting dish with the whole family.
Zesty Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook and stir chicken in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and mix well.
- Follow by adding the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve and bon appetit!
486 calories, 19.8 grams of fat, 55.2 grams of carbs, 25.2 grams of protein, 51 mg of cholesterol, and 1618 mg of sodium.
Sign-Up for LiveWell with UnityPoint Health Email Updates