UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Foundation's iGrant Program gives priority consideration to support innovative programs and equipment to enhance and strengthen the strategic framework of UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids.
St. Luke's Foundation's iGrant is funded through iCare, our annual employee giving campaign.
To be eligible for an iGrant, please complete the application and submit it to St. Luke's Foundation by July 20 at Noon. iGrant maximum request is $15,000.
Since 2013, the iGrant Program has provided more than $1.2 million of funding for hospital and clinic projects.
Eligible entities for iGrant include all units/clinics of UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids who participated in the 2019 WeCare Campaign:
- St. Luke's Hospital Departments
- Jones Regional Medical Center (application will be released soon)
- Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center
- Surgery Center
- UnityPoint at Home and Hospice
- UnityPoint Health Information Technology (IT)
- UnityPoint Clinics (Eligible Clinics Include: Bowman Woods, Downtown Pediatrics, Hiawatha Internal Medicine & Urgent Care, Hiawatha Pediatrics, Marion Family Medicine & Urgent Care, Medical District, Mt. Vernon, Northridge, Westside Urgent Care, Westdale Family Medicine & Pediatrics, Administration)
One application per unit can be awarded every 12 months. The term "unit" could be a:
- Nursing Unit like 5 Center
- Department like Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Work Group and/or Hospital-Wide Project like Safe Patient Handling
- Service like Fit Zone
A department and unit can receive funding at the same time. Example:
Therapy Plus received iGrant funds to purchase a Total Gym Power Tower. The
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Department received funds to purchase a wheel chair mover.
All projects should be compatible with iGrant's purpose to assist UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids to:
- Advance the quality of the patient and/or family care experience.
- Improve the care innovation and/or care delivery for our patients and their families.
- Education that can be funded through other opportunities from the Hospital or Foundation
- Travel Expenses
- IT expenses; TVs; iPads (exceptions may include a larger monitor or software licensing, such as Adobe Pro etc.)
- Salaries and Benefits
- Routine infrastructure (Examples: floor coverings, construction costs, paint/wall coverings)
- Items that could be viewed as enticement (Example: equipment given to a patient to use in their home. This could include a scale, wheelchair, walker, etc.)