UnityPoint Health - St. Luke’s Foundation’s iGrant Program gives priority consideration to support innovative programs and equipment to enhance and strengthen the strategic framework of UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids.
St. Luke’s Foundation’s iGrant is funded through iCare, our annual employee giving campaign.
To be eligible for an iGrant, please complete the application and submit it to St. Luke’s Foundation by noon on July 2. iGrant maximum request is $15,000.
Eligible entities for iGrant include all units and clinics of UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids who participate in the 2017 iCare Campaign:
- St. Luke’s Hospital
- Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center
- Surgery Center
- UnityPoint Clinics (Eligible Clinics Include: Anamosa Urgent Care, Belle Plaine, Bowman Woods, Clarence, Downtown Pediatrics, Hiawatha Internal Medicine & Urgent Care, Hiawatha Pediatrics, Marion Family Medicine & Urgent Care, Medical District, Mt. Vernon, Northridge, Shellsburg, Tipton, Vinton, Westside, Westdale Family Medicine & Pediatrics)
- UnityPoint at Home Care and Hospice
- UnityPoint Health Information Technology (IT)
per unit can be awarded every 12 months. The term “unit” could be a:
A department and unit can receive funding at the same time. Example:
- Nursing Unit like 5 Center
- Department like Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Work Group and/or Hospital-Wide Project like Safe Patient Handling
- Service like Fit Zone
During 2016, Therapy Plus received iGrant funds to purchase a Total Gym Power Tower. The Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Department received funds to purchase a wheel chair mover.
All projects should be compatible with iGrant’s purpose to:
- Advance the quality of the patient and/or family care experience in any area at UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids
- Improve the atmosphere for UnityPoint Health – Cedar Rapids’ associates, physicians and volunteers
- Assist departments, nursing units, clinics and/or the hospital as a whole. Requests to assist an individual will not be accepted.
- Education that can be funded through other opportunities from the Hospital or Foundation
- Travel Expenses
- IT expenses; iPads (exceptions may include a larger monitor or software licensing, such as Adobe Pro etc.)
- Salaries and Benefits
- Routine infrastructure (Examples: floor coverings, construction costs, paint/wall coverings)
- Items that could be viewed as enticement (Example: equipment given to a patient to use in their home. This could include a scale, wheelchair, walker, etc.)
If you have questions, please contact Tonya Arnold at 369-7572 or email@example.com.