2019 RN Summer Internship Application
Summer RN Internship Program
Deadline for application materials: January 11, 2019
St. Luke's offers internship opportunities to RN students each summer. Please download our brochure for additional information.
Please note the following details from the brochure.
- Function as a member of the nursing team
- Gain confidence in performing technical skills
- Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting
- Successfully completed third year of BSN program
- GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete application from website
- Current BLS certification
- All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during the duration of the internship
Application materials will be accepted December 1 - January 11, 2019
- St. Luke's Hospital Application (www.unitypoint.org/careers)
- Apply for Job ID 2018-53405 RN Student intern
- References: Once you apply- you will be sent a Skill Survey email to complete. It is entitled UnityPoint Health Recruiting. You will include 2 Nursing Faculty names and email addresses. Please communicate with these 2 faculty that you are asking for a reference for this program.
- Once application is submitted, an essay explaining "What does it mean to be a St. Luke's nurse must be emailed to our nurse recruiter email@example.com
- Once application is submitted, your current Unofficial College Transcript must be emailed to our nurse recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for application materials: January 11, 2019
- Late or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
- Interview dates in mid-March and final selection by end of March.
Date - Dates of the internship: May 31 – August 8, 2019
Orientation - Central and unit-based orientation
Clinical areas: 18 intern spots
- Critical Care
- Maternal-Child Health
- Mental Health (Adult & Child)
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Float Pool
Schedule - Same schedule as your RN Partner: 36-40hrs/week
For more information contact:
Jennifer Boxwell, Nurse Recruiter
UnityPoint Health – St. Luke's Hospital