2023 RN Summer Internship Application
Summer RN Internship Program
Deadline for application materials: November 7, 2022
St. Luke's offers paid internship opportunities to RN students each summer. Please download our brochure for additional information.
Please note the following details from the brochure
- Function as a member of the nursing team
- Gain confidence in performing technical skills
- Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting
- Successfully completed third year of BSN program
- If in an accelerated program, would be eligible the summer prior to graduation
- GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete application from website (Opens October 3, 2022)
- Current BLS certification
- All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during the duration of the internship
Application materials will be accepted October 3 - November 7, 2022
Date - Dates of the internship: June 2 – August 10, 2023
- St. Luke's Hospital Application (https://careers.unitypoint.org/results)
- Apply for Job ID 2022-121381 RN Student Summer Internship - All Specialties
- References: Once you apply - you will be sent a Skill Survey email to complete. It is entitled UnityPoint Health Recruiting. You will include two Nursing Faculty names and email addresses and an additional three references of your choice for a total of five total references. Please communicate with these two faculty and three additional references that you are asking for a reference for this program.
- Once application is submitted, your current Unofficial College Transcript must be uploaded to the application portal or emailed to email@example.com.
- Deadline for application materials: November 7, 2022
- Late or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
- Interview dates December 1-9, 2022 and final selection by December 12-16, 2022.
Orientation - Central and unit-based orientation
Clinical areas: 17 intern spots
- Critical Care
- Maternal-Child Health
- Mental Health (Adult and Child)
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Float Pool
Schedule - Same schedule as your preceptor (may include nights and/or weekends)
For more information, contact:
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital
PO Box 3026 | Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Office: (319) 369-7158
Fax: (319) 368-5902