2018 RN Summer Internship Application
Summer RN Internship Program
St. Luke's offers internship opportunities to RN students each summer. Please download our brochure for additional information.
Please note the following details from the brochure.
- Function as a member of the nursing team
- Gain confidence in performing technical skills
- Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting
- Successfully completed third year of BSN program
- GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete application from website
- Current BLS certification
- All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during the duration of the internship
Application materials will be accepted December 1 - January 12, 2018
- St. Luke's Hospital Application (www.unitypoint.org/careers)
- Apply for Job ID 2017-37681: RN Student intern
- References: Once you apply- you will be sent a Skill Survey email to complete. It is entitled UnityPoint Health Recruiting. You will include 2 Nursing Faculty names and email addresses. Please communicate with these 2 faculty that you are asking for a reference for this program.
- Once application is submitted, an essay explaining "What does it mean to be a St. Luke's nurse must be emailed to our nurse recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once application is submitted, your current Unofficial College Transcript must be emailed to our nurse recruiter email@example.com
- Deadline for application materials: January 12, 2018
- Late or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
- Interview dates in mid-March and final selection by end of March.
Date - June 1 - August 10, 2018
Orientation - Central and unit-based orientation
Clinical areas: 18 intern spots
- Critical Care
- Maternal-Child Health
- Mental Health (Adult & Child)
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Float Pool
Schedule - Same schedule as your RN Partner: 36-40hrs/week
For more information contact:
Jennifer Boxwell, Nurse Recruiter
UnityPoint Health – St. Luke's Hospital