2021 RN Summer Internship Application
Summer RN Internship Program
Deadline for application materials: January 8, 2021
St. Luke's offers internship opportunities to RN students each summer. Please download our brochure for additional information.
Please note the following details from the brochure
- Function as a member of the nursing team
- Gain confidence in performing technical skills
- Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting
- Successfully completed third year of BSN program
- GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Complete application from website
- Current BLS certification
- All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during the duration of the internship
Application materials will be accepted November 20, 2020 - January 8, 2021
- St. Luke's Hospital Application (www.unitypoint.org/careers)
- Apply for Job ID 2020-83904 RN Student intern - All Specialties
- References: Once you apply- you will be sent a Skill Survey email to complete. It is entitled UnityPoint Health Recruiting. You will include 2 Nursing Faculty names and email addresses within your 5 total references. Please communicate with these 2 faculty that you are asking for a reference for this program.
- Once application is submitted, your current Unofficial College Transcript must be uploaded to the application portal or emailed to email@example.com.
- Deadline for application materials: January 8, 2021
- Late or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
- Interview dates in mid-February and final selection by end of February.
Date - Dates of the internship: May 28 – August 5, 2021
Orientation - Central and unit-based orientation
Clinical areas: 17 intern spots
- Critical Care
- Maternal-Child Health
- Mental Health (Adult & Child)
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Float Pool
Schedule - Same schedule as your RN Partner: 36-40hrs/week
For more information contact:
Dallas Portz, Professional Recruiter
UnityPoint Health – St. Luke's Hospital
PO Box 3026 | Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Office: (319) 369-7158
Fax: (319) 368-5902