UnityPoint Health - Cedar Rapids Medical Records
To protect our patients, families and health care workers during the global outbreak of COVID-19, this hospital has implemented vendor and visitor restrictions. With visiting restrictions in effect, UnityPoint Health wants to continue to make sure you have access to your medical records. If you need a copy of your medical record, please visit MyUnityPoint, our secure patient website, to access your health information.
MyUnityPoint is a secure patient website that allows you to conveniently manage your personal health online. Because MyUnityPoint is web-based, you can log in at any time, any place.
- Information about registering for MyUnityPoint can be found by visiting chart.myunitypoint.org.
- If you need assistance using or enrolling for MyUnityPoint, please call the support team at 877-224-4430.
Health Information Management Release of Information
You may also request a copy of your medical record by:
- Contacting the Health Information Management Department at 319-369-8227.
- Emailing the Health Information Management Department at UPH_STLCR_ROI@unitypoint.org. When sending us an email, please include:
- Your full name – first, middle and last names
- Date of birth
- A phone number where we can reach you
- A full description of the information you want to obtain
- Submitting a contact us request on the hospital website. Please fill out the indicated required fields and for "Who do you have a question or comment for?" select "Medical Records"
In addition to the MyUnityPoint online tool, our Health Information Management team is available to assist you with medical records inquiries. Questions? Call us at (319) 369-8227 or send us an email.
Primary Medical Records (HIM) Department Address
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital
Attn: HIM Department
1026 A Ave. NE P.O. Box 3026
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Phone: (319) 369-8227
FAX: (319) 368-5870
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Medical Records Request
All requests for copies of medical records must be received in writing. An authorization must be completed in its entirety to receive a copy of your medical records. A completed request including signature may be scanned and emailed to our office. Questions may also be sent via email.
If the patient is a minor (less than 18 years of age), a parent or legal guardian must sign the authorization and complete the parental rights notification.
Your request will be processed and we will either mail your copy to the address specified on the authorization form or you may pick up your copy from our offices. Please bring photo identification with you. Our office is located on the first floor of St. Luke's off of the A Ave. Lobby.
There may be a fee based on the type of request. Media formats available include Paper, CD and DVD. Postage fees will apply if request needs to be mailed.
Requests for clinic medical records should be directed to the respective clinic.
Request for Birth Certificates
If you need your birth certificate, please contact the Linn County Recorder, as we do not have copies of birth
Linn County Recorder
Linn County Administrative Office Building
930 1st St. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
For billing questions, please contact the Centralized Billing Office at (888) 343-4165 or (515) 362-5111.
Mailing address: 6200 Thornton Ave. , Suite 100, Des Moines, IA 50321
FAX: (515) 362-5055
Radiology films may be obtained by contacting St. Luke's Imaging Services at (319) 369-7363.