Home Medical Equipment
UnityPoint at Home: Home Medical Equipment retail locations are closed.
UnityPoint at Home team members are focused on providing essential care, supplies, scheduled appointments and equipment delivery.
Please call us (319) 369-8686 to schedule an appointment or to schedule a curbside pickup or a home delivery of equipment or supplies.
UnityPoint at Home knows there really is no place like home. Our Home Medical Equipment professionals understand your home care needs. That is why we offer the finest, most comprehensive home-based medical services in this area -- 24 hours a day.
We are dedicated to delivering personalized care. And our reputation as a leader in eastern Iowa gives patients access to the finest medical supplies, including:
- Walkers, canes, and wheelchairs
- Respiratory therapy equipment
- Mastectomy camisole and prosthetic fitting services
- Accessories for the home and much more
Camisole and Prosthetic Fittings
Expert mastectomy garment fittings
We offer mastectomy forms and accessories for women who have gone through breast cancer surgery.
Our certified fitters work with patients in a private room and offer a full selection of bra choices. Medicare is accepted and free delivery is available.
Prior to surgery, St. Luke's Breast and Bone Health provides women an essential assortment of products including a camisole with form, listing of community resources, educational materials and sample products.
Breast Feeding Supply Store
Your partner for quality products
Home Medical Equipment also provides a variety of products to help make your time with your little one as enjoyable as possible. Some of our most popular items available for purchase include:
- Nursing bra tanks
- Hands free pumping bustiers
- High quality pumps and rentals
- Replacement parts
- Breastfeeding pillows
- Pur nipples
- Nursing bras
- Halo sleep swaddle sacks
All of these items and more are available for sale at UnityPoint at Home, 298 Blairs Ferry Road NE in Cedar Rapids. You may also view our birth care products catalog.
Helping you manage respiratory equipment in your own home. Through our Respiratory Service, our respiratory therapists visit patients in their homes when necessary. We also talk to your doctor as needed.
Our respiratory services benefit:
- Patients requiring BiPAP machine with a rate system
- Patients requiring oxygen and humidity to the tracheostomy
- Infants requiring oxygen, respiratory therapy devices or apnea monitors
- Patients requiring high percentages of oxygen
We also specialize in a variety of oxygen devices:
- Oxygen concentrators
- Liquid oxygen systems
- Portable travel units
- Home fill units
- Plus a wide variety of portable systems
Our Insurance specialists will file and track your claims to Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance carriers.
Please call us at (319) 369-8686 and ask for one of our respiratory therapists for more information.
Preventing falls in your home. we offer a variety of home safety equipment to help prevent falls in the home. From shower bars to walkers, we have the equipment to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Below are some tips for creating a safe household.
- Flooring - should be dry and non-slip. Remove or stick down rugs and loose carpet
- Lighting - ensure adequate lighting, and reduce sun-glare by using a curtain or blinds. Use a light if getting up at night. The average person's balance is reduced in the dark.
- Stairs - need to be well maintained and lit, preferably with light switches at the top and bottom.
- Marking the edge of steps with a contrasting colored strip increases safety.
- Chairs - avoid chairs with wheels. Feet should reach the floor when sitting.
- Bathroom - dry the floor and use rubber mats in shower/ bath. If standing is difficult, see an occupational therapist for advice on installation of rails and bathroom seating.
- Bedroom - make sure you can get on and off your bed easily. Arrange shelves and wardrobes so you don't have to lean or reach too far for frequently used items (including spectacles, walking aids). Remove clutter, clothes from the floor and electrical cords to reduce tripping hazards.
- Kitchen- frequently used objects should be easily reached.
We offer 24-hour on-call services for all patients. If you'd like more information on our home medical products and supplies, please call (319) 369-8686 or visit our showroom.