Children can become ill with an infectious disease when bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi enter their bodies. Sometimes, these illnesses can be passed from person to person. The pediatric infectious diseases team at Blank Children's Hospital helps to diagnose and treat conditions by choosing medicines best suited to your child's condition, in doses that are appropriate for growing children. We work closely with many of our specialists to ensure your child receives the best possible diagnosis and treatment. We care for children with the most complicated illnesses, including those that develop when your child's natural defenses (immune system) are not working properly.
Conditions We Treat
- HIV & AIDS
- Neonatal infections
- Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
- Kawasaki Disease
- Zoonotic diseases (infections passed from animal to human)
- Tick-borne diseases
- Fungal diseases such as Histoplasmosis
- Vaccine preventable diseases, such as whooping cough, mumps, chicken pox
- Serious infections, such as pneumonia, meningitis, bone and joint infections
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Travel-related diseases such as malaria, dengue, typhoid fever
- Conditions due to coming to a new country, such as immigration and/or refugees
About Our Infectious Diseases Clinic
Designed just for kids, the Blank Children's Infectious Diseases Clinic provides comprehensive and coordinated medical care for children by a multi-disciplinary team of pediatric specialists. Our family-friendly clinic provides the best possible health care for children and their families.
Your Child's First Visit
Your child's first visit to the Blank Children's Infectious Diseases Clinic will probably be the longest. Please plan to be at the clinic for one hour. We ask that you arrive 15 to 20 minutes ahead of your child's appointment to complete medical history and insurance information forms.