Wireless Internet Access
Wireless Access for Meriter Hospital Patients & Visitors
To access the wireless network, you will need:
- Your own laptop, PDA, or other wireless-enabled device with a standard Internet browser and WI-FI 802.11 b/g capability.
- A proper operating system (Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac, Linux).
Instructions for Connecting to the Wireless Network at Meriter Hospital
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to install and use your internal/external wireless network card. Note: A card that displays WI-FI approval should perform well. Installation requirements for specific cards vary by manufacturer. Please follow the manufacturer's recommendations when installing your card. Default settings for most cards are set to accept broadcast SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Set up a separate profile for the Meriter Hospital wireless network.
- Enable your wireless adapter.
- Select Meriter-Guest (case sensitive) as the SSID or network name.
- No WEP key is used. Turn encryption type to off or disabled.
- Make sure:
- The channel is set to auto.
- 802.1X authentications are set to off or auto.
- The data rate is set to auto.
- The DHCP for your wireless adapter is on.
- Open your Web browser.
- Visit any Web site. You will be redirected to the Meriter Wireless Internet page.
- Read the Wireless Internet Use Policy.
- Click the Submit button.