Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation in Cedar Rapids
Some conditions, such as a stroke or a spinal cord injury, require a hospital stay and acute inpatient rehabilitation. Our trusted team of experts in Cedar Rapids use a wide range of therapies, counseling, support groups and education as part of an individualized plan of care.
Our inpatient rehabilitation is accredited by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission. This means St. Luke's has passed an in-depth review of its services and meets nationally and internationally recognized service and quality standards.
Learn more about our commitment to excellence for patients and families of Cedar Rapids by reading our 2017 Outcomes Report.
- 24 Hour Nursing care
- Animal Therapy
- Assertive Technology Professional
- Care Coordination & Social Work
- Certified Brain Injury Specialists
- Certified Rehabilitation RN's
- Close Medical Management by Physiatrist
- Medical Psychologist
- Neurological Clinical Specialist
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Speech Therapy
We invite you to learn more about us by watching our video tour of our facility.
More about our facility:
Large state of the art gym space with specialized equipment
- Fully functioning kitchen
- Body-weight supported treadmill gait training
- Vestibular and balance rehabilitation using Neurocom Balancemaster
- Solo Step Overhead Track & Harness System
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) bike
- Basketball & Volleyball
- Grocery Store
- Varied surfaces walk way
- Front Porch
Private treatment rooms
Community re-entry activities
Extensive Patient and Family Education
Falls reduction training
Access to Peer Mentors and support groups