Visiting A Patient
Visitors bring encouragement and support to patients. Grundy County Memorial Hospital welcomes family and friends to our hospital, but you are asked to keep these guidelines in mind:
Temporary visitor restrictions in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic limit patient visitors to 1 person, who should be a family member or designated caregiver. The 1-visitor limit applies to those who are hospitalized or those who have a scheduled outpatient visit. Please check this site for updates as visitor policies change during the COVID-19 worldwide outbreak.
- If you are ill you should postpone your visit
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after your visit
- For some patients visiting is restricted for health and safety reasons
- If you need to visit after 9:00 p.m., use Entrance #3 and ask the emergency room clerk for assistance
Mail is delivered to patient rooms Monday through Friday. Please address to:
Grundy County Memorial Hospital
201 East J Ave
Grundy Center, IA 50638
The closest parking lot is outside Entrance #3 on the west side of the hospital.
Parking is free.
Where to Eat
East J Café
The Café is open
Monday through Friday 6:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Guest meals may be ordered and delivered to a patient room for breakfast, lunch, and evening meal time. Visitors may purchase a ticket at the Emergency Department registration desk, and staff members can assist you in ordering a meal on evenings or weekends when the East J Cafe is not open.
Vending machines are available across from the East J Café.
Many local florists will deliver flowers to Grundy County Memorial Hospital patients.
- SL Floral- (319) 824-3103
Heirloom Blooms- (319) 269-7289
- The Vintage Poppy- (641)939-3067
Eldora Floral & Gifts- (800) 584-5028