Commitment to Performance Improvement
CMH is committed to meeting and exceeding the high standards for safety and quality of care that you and your family expect and deserve. The hospital's Performance Improvement Team leads efforts to:
- Establish goals and objectives to maintain safety of care, positive health outcomes and quality throughout all patient care departments
- Continually improve care through the implementation of quality standards
- Routinely monitor the effectiveness of the hospital's quality program
- Comply with relevant regulatory requirements
- Conduct regular staff education to thoroughly inform all hospital employees in the areas of patient safety and clinical quality.
- Maintain exemplary infection control procedures
In addition, all acute care hospitals throughout the country participate in a patient survey process created by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey measures patients' evaluations of their hospital care.
Review the CMH results here. Eligible adult patients are surveyed after hospital discharge and the results represent four consecutive calendar quarters. Unfortunately, there is a time lag of the CMS-published HCAHPS survey results, but CMH is dedicated to making all information available to our patients.