Central Iowa's First Cancer Center
Iowa's first children's cancer center opened at Blank Children's Hospital in 1987 - concentrating all phases of pediatric cancer diagnosis and treatment in one unique area. Expanding upon that concept in 1991, the John Stoddard Cancer Center opened at Iowa Methodist Medical Center, a significant new milestone. It was the first cancer center in central Iowa to house all radiation oncology and ancillary services in one location. The new facility centralized all outpatient oncology services in one area while conveniently locating them by the inpatient services offered at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. This progressive concept was a result of our long-standing commitment to meet the changing needs of the patients and families we serve.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
The John Stoddard Cancer Center will provide compassionate, quality, comprehensive care for our patients and their families.
The John Stoddard Cancer Center will be the premier cancer center in the Midwest by providing fully integrated programs and services. This will be accomplished through the use of:
- Multi-disciplinary teams consisting of top talent throughout all levels of the organization
- Proven, leading edge technology and techniques
- Active participation in clinical trials
The result will be an extraordinary patient and family experience.
Our CORE Values
- Compassion - We are committed to serving our community and each other with care.
- Openness - We are committed to communicating with others in an effective and honest manner.
- Respect - We are committed to treating others with dignity.
- Excellence - We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our patients, families and the community