General Pediatrics Unit
The General Pediatrics Unit at Blank Children's Hospital is a 43-bed, private-room unit. We provide comprehensive family-centered care for patients and their families, from infancy through adolescence. Children in need of general medical and surgical care, as well as specialty care, are admitted to this unit, which spans Blank Children's third and fourth floors.
Services provided by the health care team encompass the phases of initial evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and long term follow-up. Education is also an ongoing process designed to meet the needs of every patient and family, and to maintain the dignity of all children and families.
Features of the unit:
- Comprehensive health care team, including: doctors, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, dietitians, care managers and social workers.
- Pullout beds in each room for parents to stay overnight.
- Room service with special meal selections just for kids.
- Private bathrooms with showers in each patient room.
- Family lounge with play space for visitors.
Take a tour of our Pediatric Inpatient Rooms.