The general pediatrics team at Blank Children's Hospital offers a primary care office and medical home for patients from birth to 21 years. Our pediatricians provide care that includes routine well-child care, diagnosis and treatment for new patients and general pediatric consultations by referral. As part of the national Reach Out and Read program, our patients (from 6 months to 5 years old) receive a free book upon each well-child visit.
We are also a residency teaching clinic, which means medical students and residents work alongside experienced staff pediatricians as part of their training.
- Debra Bixler, DO | Des Moines pediatrician
- Nathan Boonstra, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Jennifer Groos, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Eric Haugen, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Peter Hetherington, DO | Des Moines pediatrician
- Lisa Menzies, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Marianka Pille, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Amy Shriver, MD | Des Moines pediatrician
- Carissa Scheve, MSN, ARNP, CPNP
- Deb Downing, MSN, ARNP, CPNP
About Our Des Moines Pediatric Clinic
Designed just for kids, our clinic provides comprehensive coordinated medical care for children in outpatient locations by a multi-disciplinary team of pediatric specialists. Our family-friendly, Des Moines location provides the best possible health care for children and their families.