In addition to our hospital and emergency care, at Blank Children's Hospital we offer multiple outpatient clinics and pediatric specialists to meet the unique health needs of children. Our specialists work together as a team to diagnose and treat children as well as providing general well-child care.
Click here to view our comprehensive list of specialists and their affiliated clinics.
Our new electronic medical record system
We are proud to be implementing a new computer system on May 3, 2015, that will provide an up-to-date electronic record of your medical information that can be accessed wherever you receive medical care within our family of hospitals and clinics. We appreciate your patience as we become familiar with this new technology.
Electronic medical records will make the care you receive even better.
- Current medical information will be at your provider's fingertips - no matter if you are here, at another Blank Children's Pediatric Clinic, or even one of our UnityPoint Health affiliates.
- Health information can be more efficiently shared between those directly involved in your care, regardless of the care setting.
- Care is coordinated at a new level, communicating the right information to your providers at the right time to improve your care experience.
- Ensures quality care and security of your medical record.
Several of our pediatric specialists provide care outside of central Iowa. Our providers have established outreach clinics at various locations to see patients in a location that is convenient for them.
- Endocrinology - Cedar Rapids
- Nephrology - Fort Dodge
- Gastroenterology - Fort Dodge
- Pulmonology - Fort Dodge
Blank Children's and Clarke County Hospital have established a telehealth partnership to provide specialty care from a distance. Using telecommunication and information technology, patients in the Osceola area will be able to meet with our nephrology specialist for appointments and care without having to travel to Des Moines.