Allen Work Rehab Center provides the highest level of care while also managing the scheduling and insurance issues that can sometimes complicate treatment. Our program services area employers, specializing in treatment of job-related musculoskeletal injury.
Our staff recognizes the individual needs of the patient, employer, and insurance claims manager:
- The injured worker fears pain, job-loss, and disability in a competitive job market.
- Employers fear the loss of trained, productive workers and costs of injuries.
- Case managers fear delays in recovery and non-responsiveness of medical providers.
Dynamic Early Intervention
At the core of this service is our fundamental belief in early intervention, emphasizing active return to customary activities over passive treatments. The four key components of this model are:
- Early Treatment – The sooner your employee begins treatment, the quicker they will recover.
- Early Activation – Their first experience with a therapist will include a home exercise program to relieve pain and restore motion.
- Patient Education – The therapist will help your employee understand the mechanics of the injury and methods to prevent re-injury, so they feel more in control of their recovery.
- Self-Responsibility – The therapist will clearly communicate and emphasize your employee's responsibility in the treatment and recovery process, which leads to more successful outcomes.
Early intervention has proven its effectiveness to us time and again, Allen’s therapists have treated tens of thousands of patients, and our reputation is built on getting your employee back to work and life fast.
How we serve you with Physical and Occupational Therapy
To achieve our superior results, we perform hands-on, patient-centered rehabilitation services for individuals who need musculoskeletal care by a licensed physical or occupational therapist. Here are key components of how our patients are served:
- People – Expertise and professionalism define Allen therapists. Our therapists offer years of clinical experience.
- Location – We provide therapy services from Allen Hospital. Allen Therapy facilities are strategically located adjacent to the Allen Occupational Health Clinic.
- Outcomes – The Allen Therapy dynamic early intervention therapy model focuses on expedited patient recovery and reduced cost of care. Allen employs only licensed therapists – not aides or technicians – in the treatment of patients. This commitment enables us to closely evaluate your employee's progress and make responsive decisions based on the particularities of their case.
- Hands-On Approach to Healing – Rather than instructing your employee to do repetitive exercises on a mechanical therapy machine, Allen’s therapists will employ “hands-on” treatments like ASTYMTM soft-tissue mobilizations methods to treat the patient throughout their recovery process. They will learn how to continue practical exercises at home, to reduce the likelihood of re-injury and long-term costly medical care.
- Experience – Our therapists have handled tens of thousands of patient visits, so they can treat a full range of musculoskeletal injuries cased by trauma, repetitive-motion, and over-exertion injuries; pain and functional limitations caused by acute or chronic injuries.
- Customer Care – Using Allen Work Rehab is easy and actually reduces the normal time needed to schedule appointments and verify insurance coverage.
- Communication –Allen Work Rehab therapists communicate the patient’s status back to the referring physician using the physician’s preferred method of communication. This ongoing method of communication ensures proper treatment and fast return to work.
How your company, and your employees, benefit from Therapy
- Trustworthiness – Proven Expertise; a dedication to quality, licensed therapy; a high level of ethics; and honesty in dealing with our patients.
- Expertise and Individual Care – Professional treatment personalized for your employee's unique injury.
- Faster Results – Consistent, high-quality physical and occupational therapy that quickly gets patients back to work, play, and life.
Occupational and Physical Therapy Services provided
- Acute injury and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Hand therapy and splinting
- Patient education and home exercise programs
- ASTYM soft tissue mobilizations
- PWPE functional capacity evaluations
- Ergonomic risk analysis
- Physical demand job description consultation
- PCP physical capacity profile testing for post offer and fit-for-duty evaluations