What is Wellness Therapy?
Combing both mental and physical health activities promotes optimal wellness benefits. Wellness Therapy provides care and treatment on several levels, all in one visit, to nurture a valuable connection between mental and physical well-being.
What to expect?
- Light exercise in combination with traditional talk therapy
- Biofeedback to measure stress, anxiety and depression
- Mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Food, mood and cognition education
How does Wellness Therapy work?
- Increased awareness of how psychological issues affect physical health and vice versa
- More effective symptom management than traditional therapy
- Promotes deeper, creative thinking as a result of mood-improving physical activity
- Helps overcome seemingly large barriers on path to wellness
Exercise is linked to...
Significant improvement in depression and anxiety symptoms
Enhance mood stabilization and reduced stress levels
Better sleep quality and duration
Substitute for antidepressant medication with longer-lasting effects
Interested in Wellness Therapy?
People of all ages genders, backgrounds and lifestyles can receive benefits from this unique program. Schedule your appointment with Lisa Raney, LMHC at UnityPoint Clinic Diabetes & Endocrinology - Prairie Parkway.
Lonnie and Tony's Story
Read how wellness therapy helped twin brothers Lonnie and Tony Walker achieve their weight loss goals and understand the impact that mental health has on their overall health. Lonnie and Tony's Story.