Maternal Health Enhanced Services
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Presumptive Medicaid determination (immediate coverage for medical expenses)
- Prenatal education with a registered nurse
- Assistance with scheduling an appointment at prenatal care provider of choice
- Dental assessment, fluoride varnish and referral to a dentist
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Interpretation services
- Depression screening and referral for mental health counseling, if indicated
- Referral to community resources including parenting support
- WIC services on-site
- Help to reduce or quit smoking
- Individual childbirth or breastfeeding classes
You may be eligible for Title 19 even if you currently have private insurance. If you have private insurance, Title 19 pays other expenses that your private insurance may not cover. Staff at Allen Women's Health is available to answer any questions or assist in filling out the required paperwork.
If your family's GROSS monthly income (before taxes) is less than the amounts listed in the Federal Poverty guidelines, you may be eligible. (Current pregnancy is counted as a family member.)
Call Allen Women's Health at (319) 235-5090 to schedule an appointment to review your income and determine if you qualify. By scheduling an appointment, you are enrolling in Enhanced Services which includes additional prenatal education by the Maternal Health Team.