Mammography at CMH
When it comes to breast health, early detection is the best prevention. Women should have regular mammograms beginning at age 40, or sooner if recommended by their healthcare provider. Community Memorial Hospital is pleased to now be offering mammograms using the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam with SmartCurve™ technology.
Genius™ 3D Mammography™
Early detection is key when it comes to breast cancer screening, that's why you want the best possible technology on your side. CMH now offers the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam with SmartCurve™ technology, the most advanced technology in breast cancer screening. With more than 8 million Genius™ exams performed nation wide, this machine is revolutionizing how breast cancer is detected.
Why Genius™ 3D Mammography™?
- The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam finds 20-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.
- Only the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam is FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.
- The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam reduces callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.
Genius™ 3D Mammography™ versus 2D exams
- 98% of patients feel more confident and secure in their results from a Genius™ exam
- 93% of patients reported feeling less anxious with Genius™ exams than with traditional 2D Mammography
- 91% of patients agree the quality of care provided by the facility was better with a Genius™ exam
- 94% of patients are likely to request a Genius™ exam for their next mammogram
What to Expect During Your Mammogram
A mammogram is a x-ray picture of the breast used to detect tumors and cysts and to help differentiate benign and malignant diseases. It is an important screening tool in a woman's personal fight against breast cancer. During your mammogram, your breast will be placed on a flat surface by the mammographer. The SmartCurve™ compression paddle will then be pressed firmly against the breast to flatten out the tissue. The curved design of the compression device mirrors the shape of a woman's breast to reduce pinching and applies uniform compression over the entire breast for added comfort.
Preparing for Your Mammogram
In order to prepare for your mammogram, please do not wear any deodorant, powders, ointments, or perfumes under the arms or on your breasts. These items may cause artifacts on the images.