Allen Heart & Vascular Center
The Heart Hospital
UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital and the cardiologists from the Cedar Valley Cardiovascular Center form the only comprehensive heart care center in the Cedar Valley.
The physicians and staff are committed to the highest level of heart care for patients in Northeast Iowa while offering a wide range of services including:
- Cardiac and vascular surgery
- Cardiovascular imaging
- Advanced heart failure treatment and care
- Heart disease prevention
- Clinical research
- Peripheral and vascular therapies
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
Allen Hospital is often recognized as one of the top heart care programs nationwide. Great work is already being done, and the goal for tomorrow is to expand capabilities and allow patients to continue to receive specialized care close to home.
The new Allen Heart & Vascular Center opened in 2009 to centralize all heart care in one facility and is designed specifically for heart patients and their families.
Quick Facts About the Heart & Vascular Center
- Siemens 128-slice CT scanner: the biggest, fastest, clearest scanner in the Cedar Valley. The new scanner can do a complete body scan of an adult patient from head to toe in just 10 seconds. It scans patients weighing up to 660 pounds. It offers unmatched speed and clarity for diagnosing chest pain, trauma and patients who are unconscious, claustrophobic or obese.
- Two cardiac catheterization labs and shelled space for a third cardiac catheterization lab
- Radial Heart Catheterization
- One electrophysiology lab
- Two nuclear medicine suites
- One interventional procedures lab for completion in the future
- 12 patient rooms
- Two stress-testing suites
- Full cardiac rehab facilities
- 24 inpatient rooms
- Centralized heart monitoring for patients throughout Allen Hospital
- Education and conference rooms
- Family sleep rooms
Dr. Stock Suffers a Heart Attack