Family Planning Services
At Allen Women's Health, we offer lots of services to help both women and men keep themselves healthy. Nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and health educators work together to help people make informed decisions about sexual health, birth control options, and pregnancy. For more information on birth control methods please check out bedsider.org.
We can help you decide which method of birth control is right for you.
Allen Women's Health offers a variety of methods to fit your needs and
Birth Control Options
- Oral contraceptives
- Depo-Provera injection
- Ortho Evra patch
Is long-term, reversible birth control the right option for you?
We offer three different kinds of long-term implantable birth control for women:
- Paragard is inserted into your uterus and is effective for up to 10 years.
- Mirena is inserted into your uterus and is effective for up to five years.
- Skyla is inserted into your uterus and is effective for up to three years.
- Nexplanon is inserted into your arm and is effective for up to three years.
Benefits to long-term birth control include:
- Birth control you hardly ever have to think about
- Birth control that's proven at least 99% effective in preventing pregnancy
- Reversible birth control that can be removed at any time. This
means if you change your mind, you can choose to try to get pregnant
when you want
- Discreet birth control that usually can't be seen or even felt
- Birth control with minimal side effects
- Simple, worry-free birth control that helps you control your life
Some birth control methods are free for those who qualify. We also
offer low-cost options for those who don't. Schedule your appointment
today to learn which method, if any, is right for you. Call (319) 235-5090.