Please consider the following guidelines if you would prefer to donate gift items to our clients at the Allen Child Protection Center:
- We prefer to give toys that can be easily cleaned.
- We only accept stuffed animals that are brand new (in original packaging/with tags). We cannot accept gently used toys because of health reasons and because these are gifts we give to the children to thank them.
- We would prefer not to offer toys that resemble weapons or could be used as weapons (toy guns, toy knives, etc.).
- We will not accept toys that have any sexual connotations.
- We will accept clothing items, however, they must be new.
- We lock up all gift cards and those for families are only provided as needed.
- Gifts should be between $5 and $15.
Here are some examples of gift options we try to provide:
For Young Children
Stuffed animals, dolls, crayons, age appropriate movies (G, PG), children's books, flashcards, coloring books, puzzles, toy cars, etc.
This is an area we are always in need of items:
- Gift cards from the following places - Target, Kohl's, Walmart, Claire's, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, Subway, Culvers, Hardees, Dairy Queen, iTunes, Game Stop, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- Sports items - footballs, basketballs, volleyballs, tennis balls, sports' team posters, sports' team t-shirts of various sizes (UNI, Iowa, ISU, etc.).
- Toys - games (Sorry, Jenga, Apples to Apples, Monopoly, Blokus, Bananagrams, Would You Rather card game, U Build Monopoly, Farkle, Tangoes Travel Size, Hot Wheels, Uno Tippo, Rack-O, Quiddler, Nab It, walkie-talkies, Hexbug nano, Squinkies bubble pack, etc. (note: some listed are more than $15).
- Movies - age appropriate: PG, PG-13
Gifts for families can go up to $20: gas station gift cards, McDonalds gift cards, Pizza Ranch gift cards, etc.