As Sioux City's leader in women's and children's services, UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's knows how important it is to prepare for the birth of your newborn. We offer a variety of classes to help prepare expectant families for pregnancy, childbirth and life with baby. These classes are offered throughout the year and are free of charge to participants.
Class registration is simple.
- Childbirth Preparation is a two-session class, covering physical and emotional aspects of pregnancy, labor and delivery and basics of baby care.
- Childbirth Preparation Express condenses our Childbirth Preparation class into a one-day session, ideal for expectant couples with busy schedules.
- New Baby Camp* (sibling class) prepares children ages 3 to 8 years for the arrival of a new baby including basic information about the birthing process and tour of where Mom will stay in The Birth Center.
- Breastfeeding Class highlights preparation, benefits, tips and problem-solving solutions for the breastfeeding mom.
- Natural Childbirth Comfort Technique is a 2.5-hour class designed for couples who want to manage pain during labor using natural techniques.
Childbirth Education Classes FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
*Funded by St. Luke's Children's Miracle Network