There is never a dull moment at UnityPoint Health-St.Luke’s Children’s Miracle Network. While the Miracle Riders get ready to go the road on September 19th, the rest of us are getting ready to go on the air.
It’s time for the Caring for Kids Radiothon.
From 6am to 6pm on September 29th and 30th, our Children’s Miracle Network will join iHeartMedia stations KG95, Z-98, and KISS 107.1 to share the lives and stories of affected local families and medical staff to raise needed funds and awareness. The Caring for Kids Radiothon is a crucial event, not only for the people who benefit from Siouxland’s generosity, but for the Children’s Miracle Network itself. It allows us to express fully why we do what we do, how we do it, and what wonderful things can happen when people and businesses come together for those in need.
Since 2000, local businesses, hospital employees, residents and communities have pulled together to make the Caring for Kids Radiothon a powerful fundraiser for Siouxland kids and families. We’ve raised over $1Million in the first 15 years through corporate sponsorships, personal pledges, donated items, and gift basket raffles. And we’ve been able to do it because of you.
Never underestimate your ability to help.
Private citizen or large corporation, small business or small child—there is a way for all of us to help during the Caring for Kids Radiothon.
- Contribute to a Raffle Basket. Each hospital department creates a themed basket valued at up to $500 that will be raffled off at the end of the event. These baskets include gift cards, donations of products and services from local businesses, artisan items from residents, and much more. Have something to offer? Click here.
- Sponsor a Radiothon Hour. We are live on the air for 12 hours on September 29th and 30th. These 24 coveted spots are great for businesses who want to be aligned with Siouxland’s most beloved non-profit organization. Want to be a sponsor? Click here before September 15th.
- Become a Kids Club Member. For a pledge of as little as $15/month, you can become a member of the largest donor network in America. These annual memberships are only available during the Caring for Kids Radiothon and are a great way for kids, residents, and families to keep the needs of others in front of mind throughout the year.
- Buy raffle tickets. Our Siouxland kids aren’t the only winners of the Caring for Kids Radiothon—so is every recipient of our amazing themed baskets. Raffle tickets are only available during the Radiothon at the hospital. Every basket has a separate drawing, so purchase as many tickets as you can and put yourself in the running for your favorite prizes.
- Join us on Facebook and help promote the event. Did you donate something? Purchase a raffle ticket? Are you proud of a business who is sponsoring the Radiothon? Tell your friends and encourage them to do the same!
Each year, all of us at UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Children’s Miracle Network see the needs of area kids and families and wish we could do more. A large part of what can provide is due to the generous people of Siouxland. Because of you, premature babies will breathe easier in specialized cradles. Because of you, kids with leukemia are more comfortable in their hospital rooms. Because of you, toddlers with physical challenges and kids with Crohns and teens with lupus have a real chance at a smiling, happy, normal life.
Without you, we couldn’t do it.
The Caring for Kids Radiothon proves that while Siouxland’s needs are big, Siouxland’s hearts are that much bigger.
How will you support the Caring for Kids Radiothon?