Visitor Restrictions - Updated 7/13/20
Visitor restrictions remain in place at our hospital and clinics. Additionally, anyone entering our facilities will be required to wear a mask per our universal masking policy.
We know it’s difficult not being able to visit loved ones in the hospital. Please understand these restrictions are in place to help reduce our patients and team members exposure to respiratory illnesses. The health and well-being of our patients and team members is our main priority right now. Please consider connecting digitally with your loved ones in the hospital through apps like Facetime and Google Duo.
Visitor Restrictions - updated 7/13/20
Patients will be allowed one (1) visitor only per patient stay with the following exceptions:
- Pediatric patients may have one (1) parent or guardian with them, who can alternate during the stay.
- NICU patients may have one parent plus one significant other, for a total of two (2), who can alternate during the stay.
- For end-of-life situations, Chaplains or caregiver staff will discuss these exceptions with the family.
- Behavioral Health follows existing visitor policy, with visitor hours from 4pm to 6pm. Monday – Friday and on Saturday – Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
- Emergency Department will continue to allow visitors by exception only.
All visitors must be in good health and will be screened prior to entrance into the hospital for fever and other symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Children under 16 years old are not allowed to visit or accompany an adult visitor. Adults who arrive to the hospital with children will be asked to make arrangements for the child to be picked up or will not be allowed to visit.
Masks are required to be worn including in patient rooms and hallways.
Visitors must stay in the patient room while in the Emergency Department.
Visitors must stay in the patient room on Inpatient units.
Visitors accompanying patients for Outpatient services must stay in designated waiting areas.
If the patient is admitted for a hospital stay:
- One (1) visitor must be a caregiver or significant other and must be the same person for the duration of the hospital stay.
- Visitor entry hours are 6 am to 6pm Monday – Friday and 7am to 6pm Saturday – Sunday.
- Visitors may not enter the hospital between 6pm and 6am Monday – Friday and 6pm to 7am on Saturday – Sunday.
- Visitor may stay overnight in a patient’s room.
- Exceptions may occur for entry in the OB/NICU and pediatric departments as well as end-of-life situations.
- Behavioral Health visiting hours are 4pm to 6pm Monday – Friday and on Saturday – Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
- Waiting areas are closed.
- The hospital cafeteria, vending areas and coffee shop are closed to visitors. Meal trays can be ordered through room service and delivered to the patient room; payment must be made via debit or credit card.
Reminder, anyone entering the hospital will be required to wear a mask, per the universal UnityPoint Health masking policy.
Please be kind to our team members if they remind you of our policy. We want to keep everyone safe.