Current Visitor Policy
Visitor Policy (updated 12/1/21):
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's is now managing visitors who are entering and leaving our hospital through an electronic software process. To ensure this process is smooth upon your arrival to see your loved one, we do ask that you come prepared with a photo ID
Additionally, visitor restrictions remain in place at our hospital and clinics and anyone entering our facilities where patient care is provided, including hospitals and clinics, will be required to wear a mask per our universal masking policy. Thank you for protecting yourself and others!
If the patient is admitted for a hospital stay:
- Two (2) visitors (must be a caregiver or significant other) who must be the same person for the duration of the hospital stay, will be allowed per patient with the following exceptions:
- Pediatric patients may always have two (2) parent or guardians with them.
- NICU patients may have one parent plus one significant other, for a total of two (2), who can alternate during the stay.
- For end-of-life situations, Chaplains or caregiver staff will discuss these exceptions with the family.
- Behavioral Health follows existing visitor policy, with visitor hours from 4pm to 6pm. Monday – Friday and on Saturday – Sunday from 9am to 6pm.
- Visitor entry hours are 6am to 9pm Monday – Friday and 7am to 9pm Saturday – Sunday.
- Visitors may not enter the hospital between 9pm and 6am Monday – Friday and 9pm to 7am on Saturday – Sunday.
- One (1) visitor may stay overnight in a patient’s room.
- Exceptions may occur for entry in the OB/NICU and pediatric departments as well as end-of-life situations.
- Masks are required to be worn, including in patient rooms and hallways.
- All visitors must be in good health and will be screened prior to entrance into the hospital for symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Children under 16 years old are not allowed to visit or accompany an adult visitor. Adults who arrive to the hospital with children will be asked to make arrangements for the child to be picked up or will not be allowed to visit.
- The cafeteria, coffee shop, and vending areas are open to visitors and patients, with hand sanitizing and social distancing measures in place.
Reminder, anyone entering the hospital will be required to wear a mask, per the universal UnityPoint Health masking policy.
Please be kind to our team members if they remind you of our policy. We want to keep everyone safe.