Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Trinity's 22-bed Rehabilitation Unit is located at Trinity Rock Island. We offer comprehensive and effective rehabilitation services that enable each patient to achieve the highest level of independent functioning possible. A multi-disciplinary team comprised of rehabilitation specialists develops a daily plan that addresses the unique needs of the rehab patient. The unit has an integrated therapy area that includes speech, physical, occupational and recreational therapies. We offer private and semi-private rooms and a nursing staff that is dedicated to the specialized care of the rehab patient.
We demonstrate our excellence through two accreditation entities:
What type of patient comes to the Rehab Unit?
The majority of our patients have experienced one of the following:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Orthopedic injury
Our specialists are also trained to treat neurological disorders, multiple traumas, and other diseases and disorders that affect their ability to retain their independent functioning.
Are there special qualifications for being admitted to the Rehab Unit?
The Rehab Unit operates under a special license. This requires that persons approved for admission to the acute inpatient rehabilitation unit meet the following criteria:
- You need 24-hour availability of a physician who specializes in rehabilitation
- You require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing in an inpatient setting
- You require and are able to participate in at least three hours of therapy a minimum of five days a week from a physical therapist, occupational therapist and/or a speech therapist
- There is an expectation that your physical functioning will improve and allow you return to the community in a short period of time
- Your rehabilitation cannot be achieved in a less intensive setting
- We measure each person's level of functioning at admission, at discharge and three months after discharge. This allows us to compare ourselves to other rehabilitation facilities so we can continually improve our effectiveness
Your Trinity Rehab Unit Team
As a patient, you and your family will participate with a Care Team in determining your goals to recovery. Members of that team include:
- Rehab Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Recreational Therapist
- Clinical Licensed Psychologist
- Case Manager
- Social Worker
- Spiritual Care
Our staff specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and have specialty certifications in this field. Our professionals attend seminars and trainings in order to remain at the forefront of therapy techniques and research. These specialty certifications include:
- Balance and vestibular rehabilitation
- Certified rehabilitation nurses
- Voice therapy
- Women's health
- Incontinence Therapy
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services are covered by Medicare and Medicaid as well as most commercial insurance carriers. Your rehab case manager will review your insurance coverage with you and answer all your questions regarding payment prior to your admission.
Eligibility and Information
Admission to the Inpatient Rehab Unit requires an assessment by a physiatrist to ensure that the patient meets the admission criteria. The physiatrist will then make a referral to the Unit. Trinity has two physiatrists who admit to the Unit; Dr. Kwan and Dr. Chesser.
Because the Trinity experience is more than tending to the body, you have our promise that we will serve you in whatever way we can to ensure your mental, emotional and spiritual well-being, in addition to improving your physical health. There is no place like home, and you have our pledge that we will make you as comfortable and welcome as we can, while working to make possible your speedy recovery.
You are the reason we're here, and you have our assurance that we will always be here for you.