"Military service is difficult, demanding and dangerous. But returning to civilian life also poses challenges for the men and women who have served in the armed forces. Trinity has a long history of supporting the health and well-being of our troops."
~ Rick Seidler, UnityPoint Health - Trinity President and CEO
UnityPoint Health - Trinity believes in supporting our military members and veterans and has a history of doing so.
Here's how we are helping:
- Veterans are made a priority and moved to the front of the line for initial assessment and follow-up treatment at Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health.
- Active member of the Quad Cities PTSD Initiative, working to identify and reduce barriers to treatment for PTSD.
- New care protocol in our emergency departments and UnityPoint Clinics- military and veteran patients are given the option to have a flag decal on their patient wristband, which initiates screening questions for rapid assessment of and follow-up for any behavioral health issues.
- A Military Affairs Liaison is employed to support active-duty military and veterans in the community and region served by Trinity.
- Expanded partnership with Jason's Box, a troop support organization, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of our military men and women. www.jasonsbox.com
- RYC Staff member serves as liaison between RYC and court services for veterans.
- TRICARE insurance provider
- Together with Jason's Box, we are:
- Educating and training healthcare and other support providers about PTSD and military culture.
- Expanding the custom care package program to deployed military personnel.
- Opening a resource center that will reduce barriers veterans face in seeking health, education and personal benefits.
- Developing a resource navigation program to assist veterans in understanding and gaining access to resources to effectively meet their needs.
UnityPoint Health - Trinity is a member and/or sponsor of the following:
- Member of Quad Cities Chamber Hooah! Quad Cities "We Hire Vets" http://www.hooahquadcities.com/we-hire-vets.html
- Member of the Association of United States Army (AUSA)
- Signer on the Army Military Healthcare Community Covenant
- Sponsor of Festival of Trees Military Day 2012-2014
- Sponsor of the REDSwhite&blue Golf Tournament benefiting Jason's Box 2011-2014
- Sponsor of New Kingdom Trail Riders Horse Therapy for Veterans 2014
- Sponsor of Freedom Run benefiting AUSA and USO 2014
- Presenting Sponsor of Embracing our Military initiative with WQPT