"Military service is difficult, demanding and dangerous. But returning to civilian life also poses challenges for the men and women who have served in the armed forces. Trinity has a long history of supporting the health and well-being of our troops."
~ Rick Seidler, UnityPoint Health - Trinity President and CEO
UnityPoint Health - Trinity is committed to supporting our military members and veterans. We thank them for their service.
Here's how we are helping:
- Care protocol in our emergency departments give military and veteran patients the option to be recognized with a flag decal on their patient wristband, which also initiates screening questions for rapid assessment and follow-up
- Veterans are given a priority status and moved to the front of the line at Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health.
- Military Affairs Liaison is employed to serve as an advocate for veterans in the region to assist with care coordination and eliminating barriers to treatment.
- Military Medic to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program offered through Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Electronic health records at UnityPoint Health are now connected to the VA through eHealth Exchange. Clinicians can electronically share patient information to improve coordinated care, regardless of location.
- Member of Quad Cities Chamber Hooah! Quad Cities "We Hire Vets"
- Member of Association of United States Army
- TRICARE insurance provider
- Sponsor of events/programs that provide support to troops and veterans, such as WQPT's Embracing our Military initiative, Rock Island Arsenal Health Fair, and the Jason's Box REDSwhite&blue Charity Golf Tournament