Media Policies and Procedures
To arrange an interview with a patient, volunteer or staff member, call Bailey Sullivan, Marketing & Communications Specialist, at (309) 779-2913 or (309) 373-3839 (media cell phone).
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is required due to federal privacy laws, including for Trinity affiliates such as Trinity College of Nursing & Health Sciences, UnityPoint at Home and the Robert Young Center for Community Mental Health. It also allows us to arrange for a room for the media interview or photo shoot, notify patient care areas involved, and/or line up appropriate patients, families, and staff for your story, as well as contact security.
- To protect the privacy of our patients and families, a representative from the Marketing & Communications department, their designee, or security must accompany all reporters, film crews and photographers on campus.
- When using one of our staff members or volunteers in a story, we ask that you identify him/her by their appropriate title and hospital related to their work or role at UnityPoint Health.
Patient Condition Reports
During normal business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday) contact Bailey Sullivan at (309) 779-2913 or (309) 373-3839 (media cell phone). Please specify campus, as well as first and last name of the patient.
After hours and on the weekends, please call (309) 779-2259 for the patient care supervisor on-duty. You may also dial (309) 779-5000 and ask the operator to page the patient care supervisor. Please specify campus, as well as the first and last name of the patient.
Trinity will provide conditions for adult patients based on the following terms. Please note that the term "stable" should NOT be referenced.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. The patient is conscious and comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
For questions, please call (309) 373-3839.